Jobseekers, wake up and smell the coffee. It is about time YOU took control of your CV.
Here are a few tips:
1. When you apply on-line for a job, take the name of the contact person down and follow up with a call.
2. Do NOT allow a Recruitment Agency send in your CV to a company without your full knowledge and full consent.
3. Do NOT apply for the same job twice. If you are not sure if it is the same job as it is worded differently in the ad, ring the agency to find out.
4. Be active NOT pro-active. If you see a job you are interested in, but are not sure if you are suitable, phone the agency to find out. Do not waste time applying for jobs that are not suitable for you.
5. Keep in touch with the agency/agencies that you are dealing with on a regular basis. Do not expect them to call you as they are dealing with dozens of jobseekers a day. By phoning the agency, you are showing that you are vigilant and you are also reminding the agency that you are available
By using the above tips, you are TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR CV.
By doing so, you are making sure that you are being represented in the marketplace in the most professional way.