The following interview questions are some of the most common questions asked by interviewers. They exclude industry / job specific questions.
We recommend that you familiarise yourself with these interview questions and prepare answers for each one.
Tip: try writing out your answers rather than just thinking them through. This will help you to internalise the questions and responses.
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why should we give you the job?
- What is your major achievement?
- What are you good at?
- What sort of person are you?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What do you know about our organisation?
- How would you approach this job?
- How do you get things done?
- How do you manage your staff?
- What do you look for in a manager?
- What do you look for in a subordinate?
- How do you decide on your objectives?
- How do you manage your day?
- What interests you most in your work?
- What have you read recently that has taken your interest?
- What sort of things do you like to delegate?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- In what environment do you work best?
- How did you change the job?
- What motivates you?
- If you could change your current/last job in any way how would you do it?
- If you could change your organisation/job in any way how would you do it?
- How have you changed over the last five years?
- Where do you see yourself going in the next 5 years?
- Describe a time when you felt you were doing well?
- Describe a time when you felt things were not going too well?
- How do you work in a team?
- What contribution do you make to a team?
- What would your colleagues say about you?
- How would your boss describe your work?
- Describe your ideal working environment?
Useful Interview Advice?
Did you find this information useful?
Feedback will help us improve our site further.